- On February 11, 2016
Attractive, clean carpeting and upholstery make a great first impression on your customers. Depending on the visitor volume your business experiences on a daily basis, these surfaces get plenty of use. To keep carpeting looking cleaner, many business owners like to use area rugs. Our rug cleaning tips help you keep them looking neat and tidy.
- Blot spills as soon as possible. Do not wait until the end of the business day to work on the coffee spill that happened earlier. Discreetly dab at the spill as soon as possible. Use absorbent paper towels with minimal pressure.
- Vacuum nightly. Even if foot traffic was light and the carpet and rugs look great, vacuum them consistently. If the rugs are small, take them outside and shake out any loose dirt.
- Go easy on shampoos. Unless you are certain that your rug is made from synthetic and not natural fibers, you may do more harm than good when using certain shampoos. In case of a doubt, consult with the experts.
- Freeze chewing gum. No matter how meticulously clean you like to keep your entryway, someone may step into a wad of gum and get it onto your carpet. Freeze the gum with an ice cube so it solidifies. Lift it up with a letter opener for removal.
- Call in the pros. Set up a regular carpet, upholstery and rug cleaning appointment with our janitorial experts. Regular maintenance prevents the kind of dirt buildup that causes rugs to look unattractive.
By the way, it is always a good idea to place a sturdy doormat at your entryway. Although it does not remove all the dust and dirt that is tracked inside, it reduces it considerably. Contact us today for a total building review to learn more about this and our other professional cleaning services.