- On November 18, 2015
- Remain in the kitchen when you are cooking on the stovetop so you can keep an eye on the food.
- Stay inside the home when cooking your turkey and check on it frequently.
- Keep children away from the stove. The stove will be hot, and a good rule of thumb is to keep children 3 feet away
- Make sure kids stay away from hot food and liquids. The steam or splash from vegetables, gravy or coffee can cause serious burns.
- Be sure electric cords from an electric knife, coffee maker, plate warmer or mixer are not dangling off the counter within easy reach of a child.
- Keep matches and utility lighters out of the reach of children by placing them up high in a locked cabinet.
- Make sure your smoke alarms are working. Test them by pushing the test button.
- The National Fire Prevention Association also discourages the use of outdoor, gas-fueled turkey fryers.
Go ahead, enjoy your Thanksgiving with wonderful food, wonderful company, and a safe environment that you made happen. Once your Thanksgiving is over and you are wondering whats the best way to clean those spills on your carpet or take care of those scratches on your vinyl flooring then go ahead and call a professional company to handle those tough tasks for you. We are ServiceMaster Quality Services and we are that professional company you are looking for so, go ahead, contact us and you will be glad you did.