ServiceMaster Quality Services cleans all types of floors, from hardwood to vinyl and everything in between. But how are you going to maintain that professional shine? Today we offer a few vinyl floor cleaning tips to help keep your vinyl floors looking great every day.
Vinyl Floor Care
- Dirt and debris should be swept and/or vacuumed every day to prevent scratching and general wear and tear.
- Wipe up spills when they happen to prevent staining.
- Wet mop process – use a ServiceMaster recommended vinyl floor cleaner or mix 1-cup of apple cider vinegar with 1-gallon of hot water. The acidity of the vinegar removes dirt without leaving a soapy film. Rinse the mop frequently with hot clean water. Add a few drops of dishwashing detergent to the vinegar mixture if the floor has been experiencing heavy traffic.
Hot tip #1 – Add a few drops of baby oil to the vinegar mixture for a low-cost and simple shine.
- Use a mixture of baking soda and water to clean acidic stains caused by such things as fruit juice, tomato products, or wine. Simply apply to a wet rag and rub the floor until the stain is gone.
- For tougher stains, such as lipstick, crayons, or paint, use a towel to apply some rubbing alcohol to the spot and scrub with a soft-bristled brush until it is gone.
- For shoe scuffs, spray WD-40 on a towel and use it to rub the mark until it disappears.
Hot tip #2 – We know you’re wondering how to remove the baking soda, the rubbing alcohol, and the WD-40 after removing the stains. Simply use a mixture of apple cider vinegar and hot water to remove those products from the floor.
Without ServiceMaster Quality Services in the picture, you might try cleaning your vinyl floors yourself. You might even get those floors squeaky clean. But wait! Do you really want your floors squeaky clean? That would be beyond irritating to listen to the high-pitched squeak of Air-Jordans all day long as they step and squeak all over your freshly clean vinyl floors. For your peace of mind, let’s leave the floor cleaning to the professionals. The ServiceMaster Quality Service team know floors. Contact us today and let’s find out how we can help you put a new shine on your commercial or residential place.