- On June 2, 2017
Mold cleaning is not a task to be taken lightly. Not only is mold incredibly unsightly and smelly, but certain kinds can pose a serious risk to your health and the health of your family members and pets. Unfortunately, it is often impossible to determine exactly what type of mold you are dealing with without proper lab testing.
In severe cases, some homes and buildings have even been condemned and torn down simply because a mold problem got out of hand. The dilemma is so widespread that even the EPA has addressed the issue, offering information, advice and guides for dealing with mold in homes, commercial buildings, schools and more.
Here are a few things you might not realize about mold:
- Exposure to mold can incite asthma attacks, allergies and other breathing problems.
- Wet areas in the home, such as floors, ceilings, walls, carpet and furniture can breed mold growth in as little as 24 hours.
- If mold grows on hard, nonporous surfaces, it can be cleaned, but materials that absorb moisture must be replaced.
- Mold can grow on absolutely anything that holds moisture including wood, paper and even food.
- Any area of mold growth that exceeds four feet by four feet should be addressed by a professional cleaning service.
- Attempting to paint over mold growth does not work, as the mold continues to grow underneath, causing the paint to crack and peel away.
As you can easily see, mold can be a very serious problem that is usually best left to professional cleaners. At ServiceMaster Quality Services, we have more than twenty-seven years of experience working with customers in and around the Houma, Louisiana area and we are no stranger to mold cleaning and remediation.
To find out how we can help rid you of your mold problem, please feel free to contact us today.