- On September 2, 2016
Why do you need to be concerned about mold clean up? That’s a pretty good question. Luckily, we’ve got four pretty good answers.
- One: It’s unsightly.
- It’s not the worst thing in the world, but it is something to consider if you’re attempting to sell your home, or make an impression on visiting business people at your office. Although it prefers organic materials like wood, paper, and fabric, mold is able to grow on almost any surface including concrete and glass.
- Two: It can make you ill.
- It’s believed that rather than a ‘mummy’s curse’ the sudden deaths of the archeologists that were studying King Tut’s tomb were instead killed by mold spores that had instead been dormant for several thousand years. Most people are allergic to mold in some form or another, but did you know it can also cause a host of other problems? From depression to asthma, respiratory infections and dizziness, mold doesn’t just cause a few sniffles.
- Three: It can highlight underlying structural problems.
- Not only can mold growing cause damage to your building’s materials but can highlight the damage that is already there. Whether it’s leaks in the roofs or siding, seepage in the foundation or poorly stored building materials, it’s all too easy for mold to take root and begin to eat away at your building.
- Four: If not removed properly it can come back.
- While many websites offer a host of ways to ‘kill mold’ from keeping internal temperatures down, to using bleach, most processes don’t work. Mold can live for millions of years in its dormant spore stage, if not removed by professionals. Using other methods can leave room for mold to come back again, and again, and yes, again.
In light of all of this, what are you to do? Consider calling a professional like ServiceMaster Quality Services regularly, both to do a thorough check and then to clean out all traces of mold or mold spores. To talk more about this, or anything else, please contact us.